Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Multnomah Falls

Awww...I love my boyfriend--and surprises--so I had a blast today! :)

The other day Branden told me he was going to pick me up after work today and that i had to wear shoes with good traction, but that's all he'd say. So I kinda figured we were doing some climbing or something, but didn't know where we were going. As I'm sure you guessed from my title, we went to Multnomah Falls. Pretty exciting for me because I've never been up to the top and have been wanting to for awhile now.

Branden had planned it so he'd get off work early, we'd climb Multnomah, and then eat at the restaurant there before heading home. But apparently people need plumbers so he didn't get off as early as planned. By the time we got there it was after 5 so we ate first and had to make the climb in the dark. Needless to say, we were the only ones walking the icy trails in the cold! But it was super fun! Couldn't really get the greatest pictures in the dark but I did try!

Branden and I on the icy, frozen bridge


The bridge-You can't really tell in the picture, but the mist from the waterfall had covered the entire bridge and the trail on both sides of it and frozen into a thick layer of ice. It was almost impossible to walk on the trail because of the incline. We had to hold on the edge and pull ourselves along, and Branden dragged me for awhile! The bridge was pretty cool tho, because we could skate on it!

The best pic I could get of the water in the dark--the one downfall to going when you can't see anything!

A gorgeous snow heart we found...

When we got back to the bottom, Branden chased a mouse around with my camera to get pictures. Got a few good ones, but the dumb thing kept running away! :P


And then, because he's apparently one of the few people who trust me with sharp objects, Branden bought me a sweet pink engraved pocket knife. He must not be too worried that I'll start swinging the thing around and stabbing people! :D

Despite the cold frozen terrain, I had a ton of fun! Definitely a memorable way to spend our 5-month dating anniversary! :)

3 comments:

  1. Aww how fun! I was gonna text you and see where you went but since you finally got this thing up and running, guess I don't have to! So did you slide the entire way down then? :P And yes, cute knife :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..you guys are just too cute! and I like your cute new background :)

    ReplyDelete